Saturday 26 March 2011

Mark Feehily wants to be a parent

Mark Feehily is a member of the Westlife, who has said that he would like to be a parent with partner Kevin McDaid.

In an interview with the Mirror Feehily, who came out in 2005, said: "Becoming a father is one of the biggest things you could ever do. I'd love to think I'll be in a place one day to have a kid, 100%. I'm not saying I'm planning to have kids right now, but they'll definitely be part of my life.

"It's always something I've been sure of since I was 14 or 15. Even knowing I was gay and before I came out I knew I'd love to be a father. You know the way you think things like 'When I have a kid, I'll tell them this, or take them there', or whatever."

Asked if he had given any thought to how the couple might become parents, Feehily replied: "I would take some serious time to look into all the options. Everybody's got their own circumstances, so there's no simple answer about what's going to be right for you or the kid.

"I'd like to think I'd be a good dad. It's the dream for me that surpasses everything else, to nurture and bring up a kid and try and teach them all the right things."

Asked about his other future plans with McDaid, Feehily replied: "We're best friends and we live together and we're going to get married soon. I can't wait but we haven't finalised the date."

No comments:

Post a Comment