Wednesday 19 October 2011

Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich has reveal about Quentin Tarantino's Kill Bill films

Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich has revealed that Quentin Tarantino's Kill Bill films have a opportunity to compose the score.

The drummer collaboration album with Lou Reed, said that after dinner he met the director in San Francisco and Tarantino told him he had written a number of Kill Bill's fight scenes to Metallica's music.

Ulrich told Newsweek Magazine: "One of the most surreal 30 minutes of my life was having Quentin Tarantino six inches from my face, eyes dancing, intensely animated, explaining in intricate detail how he had written and choreographed the two main fight scenes in the film [Kill Bill] to the Metallica songs 'Enter Sandman' and 'Sad But True'. Tarantino’s next-level movie magic married to Metallica music, all turned up to 11."

The drummer added that he was excited to do the project, until Tarantino sent him the script, adding: "The script. Man, was it thick and dense. I realized that most of this was written in a language that was outside of my realm of understanding. I had never encountered a narrative like this, set in, to me, a very foreign culture of martial arts and Asian myths. I just couldn’t wrap my thick Danish head around it".

Ulrich turned down the chance and said he believed the decision was his "single biggest mistake I’ve made in the creative department".

Metallica and Lou Reed's 'Lulu' is due for release with the North American on October 31, release following a day later on November 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment