Thursday 6 January 2011

Jessie J: "I'm glad I kept Rihanna song"

Jessie J is struggling for her name, she quickly making a name with her breakout single “Do It Like a Dude.”

Singer, 22, who wrote bravely tune with another pop star in mind. The big-voiced Brit tells, “I wrote it with [Rihanna] in mind because ‘Rude Boy’ was out at the time and that’s kinda what inspired me to [write] the song. At first I never really saw myself doing something like it, but I knew I could. I sent it to my label and I was like, ‘I’m just sending you this before I send it to Rihanna’s camp to see if you guys like it.’ And they were like, ‘This is your first single. It’s amazing.’”

In the UK Jessie debut album "Who You Are" is due 22 March, she was hesitating because releasing the testosterone-charged “Do It Like a Dude” she say, “I was a bit scared that people would judge me, but I think I need to remember that I’m 22 and it’s actually a really fun song that’s kinda tongue-in-cheek and I’m always taking the mickey out of myself.”

But she don't feel sorry over her decision to hold onto the in-your-face track for herself. She says, “I’m glad I kept it. I guess [Rihanna's] heard it now, I hope.”

In this week Jessie went into the studio to write a new album for Britney Spears, so she thinks to friend a song for RiRi in the future, she says, “I would love to write for Rihanna. She’s one of my idols. I met her when I was touring with Chris Brown briefly, but I wasn’t really as established then as I am now. I’d love to meet her again though.”

No comments:

Post a Comment